Skip to main content

Getting places

So far, I'm still playing around with a few ideas for the plot line.
Some of the ideas include:
- Having the 2 minute opening be shot completely from the murder's perspective so that the audience is puzzling together what is going on without realizing it is the murder right away. This idea allows for insight onto what the murder is doing and his/her motives. I like this idea a lot because often times murder mysteries are from the victims perspective or the victim's family/friends perspectives. This would give me a chance to really get into the psychological lens and show my creativity. However, it has been difficult for me to come up with a plot line that isn't too abstract nor too open with information. I want the intro to set up somewhat of a cliffhanger so that the audience is tuned in and intrigued to see what follows and I can't do that if the into doesn't make sense or gives too much information away too quickly.
- I have considered different ages for the murdered- possibly a child with a lot of built up anger and made the killing look like an accident, a teenager seeking revenge, or an adult with either mental issues or a complex past.
- A memory of the murder as a child possibly getting abused or left behind or getting bullied, giving some possible reasoning to his/her later destructive behavior. I like this idea a lot as this provides insight on the murderer and teaches the audience a little bit of a lesson about paying attention to children and making sure no one gets abused mentally or physically. However, this into doesn't;t target the suspense factor or cliffhanger effect that I'm trying to achieve. Maybe by incorporating a shot scene of the killer as an adult and the rest of the into consisting of the memory or vice versa with the memory in the beginning and the killer being shown as an adult at the end could make this idea target all the emotions and effects that I'm going for.
I will choose a plot line some time this week, so far I'm leaning towards my last bullet including a memory and the murderer as an adult to create complexity and suspense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a date!

Since coming up with a basic plot line for my opening, I'm going to being sketching out ideas and places for where I will film. I have come up with a filming schedule as well: 3 days of week of filming for at least an hour each time. It is difficult for me to come up with precise dates as my family and myself included all work and sometimes hours vary. It is easier to acknowledge that for an hour 3 times a week is mandatory for filming so that dates are created and abandoned or ignored due to dynamic schedules.  Some of the places that I have considered filming are in my house, a park, a sidewalk near a lake, and maybe a store. For the memory aspect of my opening, I decided my house would be the best fit as I have imagined the memory to be a child getting abused by a parent which would point to his/her later abusive actions in the future. The part after the memory and maybe a little bit before, I imagined the future killer to be doing a very steady, patient and laborious job such a

Glued To My Phone

This week while going back to the story boards, I was thinking of making the opening based around a text message conversation with some few outside clips of what one of the testers is doing. Possibly two people plotting something, the unknown killer and victim communicating etc. This conversation grabs the audiences attention as it is uncommon and so everyday, especially among millennials. A modern day killing including technology makes is very spooky and interesting as this can make a social commentary and warning about being cautious online. I was thinking about starting off with a teen girl listening to music in her room and texting someone random. The conversation is sketchy but seems normal at first. It will take a dark twist towards the ending hating at something more serious and the perspective will change to the person on the other end to show both sides. I don't have all the details down, but I am working on them.