Skip to main content

A New Week

This week I was able to get back on track with this project. I filmed a few shots and they got the juices flowing again. I also spoke to some peers and they helped me come up with small ideas and put  me back on track. They told me to incorporate contemporary practices such as the use of technology into it as this would help my opening and project stand out and be creative against others. By incorporating trends that are happening right now, my opening stays relevant and would help draw in larger audiences, were this project to include the whole movie and go public. I'm glad I confronted my peers with my thinking jam as they really helped me get out of it and now I am able keep moving forward with and continue making progress. I will now go back to the drawing boards to make my idea more contemporary and original. I find that by including technology, I have a closer understanding as communicating through cellphones and social media is so common now and it would be interesting to incorporate into a murder mystery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a date!

Since coming up with a basic plot line for my opening, I'm going to being sketching out ideas and places for where I will film. I have come up with a filming schedule as well: 3 days of week of filming for at least an hour each time. It is difficult for me to come up with precise dates as my family and myself included all work and sometimes hours vary. It is easier to acknowledge that for an hour 3 times a week is mandatory for filming so that dates are created and abandoned or ignored due to dynamic schedules.  Some of the places that I have considered filming are in my house, a park, a sidewalk near a lake, and maybe a store. For the memory aspect of my opening, I decided my house would be the best fit as I have imagined the memory to be a child getting abused by a parent which would point to his/her later abusive actions in the future. The part after the memory and maybe a little bit before, I imagined the future killer to be doing a very steady, patient and laborious job such a

Glued To My Phone

This week while going back to the story boards, I was thinking of making the opening based around a text message conversation with some few outside clips of what one of the testers is doing. Possibly two people plotting something, the unknown killer and victim communicating etc. This conversation grabs the audiences attention as it is uncommon and so everyday, especially among millennials. A modern day killing including technology makes is very spooky and interesting as this can make a social commentary and warning about being cautious online. I was thinking about starting off with a teen girl listening to music in her room and texting someone random. The conversation is sketchy but seems normal at first. It will take a dark twist towards the ending hating at something more serious and the perspective will change to the person on the other end to show both sides. I don't have all the details down, but I am working on them.